Hear Ms. Pat like never before with hilariously candid stories of getting attacked on stage by Nerf balls, shot twice as a teen mom and the similarities between selling crack and telling jokes. She opens up about being a maternal influence in her neighborhood, how to forgive and not hate, early stories of bombing on stage, and how being raised to fear white people has blessed her with a primarily white fan base and her unique storytelling technique that makes her one of the most beloved comedians working today.
Must Hear Talking Points:
- Getting booed on stage
- Similarities between dealing drugs and telling jokes
- Being a teen mom in the hood of Atlanta
- Getting shot in the "titty" and head
- Being the matriarch of an entire city
- Working with Gucci Mane's lawyer
- Being a gangster in show business
- Storytelling tips for comics
- How to write universal material
- Finding your voice on stage
- "If they don't like you, they throw Nerf balls at you."
- "Hit me with another ball bitch. I'll choke your ass out!"
- "I don't suck dick. I have vertigo."
- "We all the same, I can talk to Obama and my crackhead sister the same way."
- "The hood is like the desert. Nothing grows."
Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcast
Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
Click here to Subscribe via YouTube
Joel's Website: http://www.JoelByarsComedy.com/
Joel's Class Registration: http://www.highwirecomedy.com/stand-up-comedy-writing-performance/
Link to Joel's Book: https://ComicsPlaybook.com/product/finding-your-funny/
Join the Joel Byars E-mail List: http://eepurl.com/bRcmHr