Kurt Metzger has worked with everyone from Louis CK to Patrice O'Neil and Amy Schumer. Despite his impressive resume, his highly publicized opinionated rants have gotten him in hot water on numerous occasions and he shares those experiences all only on Hot Breath! Enjoy!
Listeners can expect to learn in detail about:
- Starting comedy with Kevin Hart
- Performing in urban rooms
- Being a white male in comedy
- Building confidence on stage
- How to perform with personality on stage
- Doing comedy professionally in New York
- Working with Louis CK
- Getting fired by Seinfeld
- Skills learned from working with Amy Schumer
- Comedy writing tips
- "Kevin Hart has always had whatever 'it' is."
- "How good you are is how good you are when the audience sucks."
- "On stage, I am the dictator in charge."
- "With comedy, you have to bring the energy to the audience. They follow your lead."
- "I got fired by Seinfeld doing crowd warm-up."
- "In comedy, you can only control how funny you are."
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN STARTING YOUR OWN PODCAST, JOIN JOEL'S ONLINE PODCASTING COURSE HERE:
GET $10 OFF WITH COUPON CODE: HOTBREATHPOD
If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep sharing comedy mastery to you every week!
Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcast
Click here to Subscribe via YouTube
Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
Joel's Website: http://www.JoelByarsComedy.com/
Joel's Comedy Class Registration: http://www.highwirecomedy.com/stand-up-comedy-writing-performance/
Link to Joel's Comedy Writing Book: https://ComicsPlaybook.com/product/finding-your-funny/
Join the Joel Byars E-mail List: http://eepurl.com/bRcmHr